- This event has passed.
Paws to Read!
November 12 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Paws to Read* is a program that offers readers in grades 1-5 an opportunity to hone their skills while reading to a therapy dog. All dogs have been evaluated. It can be an exciting, fun, and rewarding experience to read to a dog, and you can be a part of this unique program!
Children who read to dogs find:
– Dogs are excellent listeners
– Reading is more fun when a dog listens to your story
– Dogs who listen are well-behaved
– Dogs who listen have great personalities
– Register two weeks (or less) in advance of a date.
– Registration is required to participate in the program.
– Register by phone at 925-673-0659 or come into the library.
– Registration must be done by parent or guardian only.
– Reading times are at 4:00 PM or at 4:35 PM.
The Dates for reading are Tuesday:
– October 1, October 15, November 12
– The number of spaces for the program is limited.
*This program is not for children who are fearful of dogs or who have pet allergies.